Feb 19, 2012

Life from a different perspective

Sometimes I feel like I wanna be a mom already, and teach my beautiful girls all the things that experience has taught me; teach them how beautiful life is, how wonderful is our body, how kind and loving God is… so many things. Then I stop myself from all this daydreaming to realize that I still have a lot more things to experience for myself. Growing up can be stressing and confusing, but discovering life never is. Honestly, it took me a while to understand that change is good, and obstacles are like roller coasters: scary, but fun. I am still a lazy college girl who dreams of perfection; I still get bummed out when reality hits and I remember that there are challenges all around me that I have to overcome in order to progress. But I finally understood that that’s the fun part of life, and what makes us grow up and be stronger. I have to admit I’ve been a coward all my life; always very cautious and calculating about everything. I’m still very cautious and calculating, but I’m not a coward anymore. Every single day life teaches me to take risks, no matter how insignificant they can be, always take them. Maybe one day wearing a bright red shirt with some bright green converse just because I feel like it, maybe just getting out of bed to watch the rain on a Sunday morning, or maybe moving out of my home country and adapting to a new reality; all these are choices we make because we want to, because we dare to. Getting out of our comfort zone can be scary if we see it that way, but, just like every other story; there are two sides of the coin. We live in a busy society, always running from place to place, trying to be on time, trying to follow schedules, but life is made out of little details and actions, and we tend to forget that. Why not smile to somebody walking up the stairs on your way to class? We all know how good it feels when someone gives you a genuine smile; why not return it in advance? –Cause we are scared, that’s why. We are scared of rejection, scared of giving love because there is a chance that we might not get anything back; truth is, that’s not right. True love is giving with no expectations, just giving because you will feel good with yourself for doing that, and even then, you will always get something in return. Getting out of our comfort zone could also be literally amazing if we look at it from that perspective. We should learn to appreciate life, and never stop being amazed by it. Every day is a miracle, our world is a miracle, knowing that there is a gigantic universe around us and we are just a tiny little quarter of a dot compared to its immensity is a miracle, and it’s amazing. Life is hard. I’m not gonna lie, but that’s the beauty of it. There is nothing that prevents us from appreciating the little pieces of joy that surround us all the time; take all the opportunities around you, make yourself happy, and therefore make others happy. Life is nothing more than what you want it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment